Re: Increasing the layer thickness in SLS?

From: Timothy J Gornet (tim.gornet@louisville.edu)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 17:24:32 EEST

The easiest way to do that is under the Tools, Change Build Mode in the
build setup software.
It then automagically takes care of the settings. Make sure to use Auto
Feed as well so that you don't short feed the powder.

Tim

Tim Gornet Computer Aided Engineering Consultant
INTERNET: tim.gornet@louisville.edu
SLUGNET: Vogt Bldg. Rm 101, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
40292
PHONENET: (502)852-0714 FAXNET: (502)852-8890
Rapid Prototyping Center
http://www.louisville.edu/speed/rpc/

>>> Stefan Donovski <stefan.donovski@sparkygroup.com> 05/13/03 04:04AM

Dear List,

I'm interested in influence on the layer thickness in SLS process.
I'm using DTM's Synterstation 2500 plus system.
I usually work with 0,10mm layer thickness, but I have heard that I
can
decrease my build time if I increase this value to for example 0.12mm.
Should I increase the laser power too, and is there any math
dependence
between these two variables. Which is the biggest value if it is
possible?
I haven't done this, but when I set this value just in the software
the
following message appears on my screen:"DTM suggested 0.1mm ..97%"
I will deeply appreciate Your help.

SPARKY GmbH, Sofia

Stefan Donovski

tel: (+359 2) 93-20-559