RE: Low Cost Reverse Engineering

From: Henry Sommer (hsommer@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Jun 14 2003 - 05:00:50 EEST

Get the free trail of Rhino and try it out. There is also a new and young
package out there that is around $5,000 called GSI studio. They watch this
list and will probably contact you. However, which one you get depends on
what you need to do. Imageware is the only one that can do Class A work. If
you get a scanner it will come with software that will let you do alignment
and manipulation of point or polygon data.

The Minolta products are good (relatively) low cost hardware that have some
software with them. I have seen demo units for sale before. Faro arms are
also low cost and portable. It all really depends on the details of what you
want to do and how you want to do it. The surfaser is also low cost but I
have never used one.

Henry Sommer