Re: Book Recommendations?

From: EdGrenda@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 16:50:33 EEST

In a message dated 03-06-24 18:31:14 EDT, mlh6118@csun.edu writes:

<< Subj: Book Recommendations?
 Date: 03-06-24 18:31:14 EDT
 From: mlh6118@csun.edu (marni hager)
 Sender: owner-rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi
 To: rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi (rp mail list)

 Hello Everyone,

 I'm new to the list and have been reading the mailing list archives from
 the beginning. I was just informed by a fellow student that the paper(s)
 I will have to write should be focused on how RP can help manufacturing
 processes in different fields. With this in mind, are there any books
 that contain information about the history of manufacturing process
 developments as it pertains to RP? Would the Rapid Prototyping Journal be
 a better source?

 Thanks in advance,
 Marni Hager
 email mlh6118@csun.edu

Hi Marni:

Look at the section on direct tooling and manufacturing on our site, and the
FAQ's, as well. You'll see many, many areas where RP (or really additive
fabrication) is making a contribution.

You may also find it profitable to search the bibliography - and even more so
to search through recent patents. You will be surprised at the breadth of
what's happening if you classify patents from the last couple of years into
application areas.

Regards,

Ed Grenda
Castle Island Co.
EdGrenda@aol.com (email)

The Worldwide Guide to Rapid Prototyping
http://home.att.net/~castleisland/