Re: Magnetic plastics for injection molding ?

From: Bo Atkinson (bo@midcoast.com)
Date: Sun Jul 06 2003 - 12:30:24 EEST

>Hello All,
> We are looking for magnetic plastic for injection
>moulding parts and like to have as strong magnetic attraction as
>possible. Could some one please provide us the best resources
>for such materials and technology or would like to share your
>experience. Thanks in advance.
>
>Best Regards,
>Rick

Have you considered just adding iron powder to an existing
machine/process? For many other magnetic properties, there are a
range of ferrites available in powder form.. It would seem such
powdered materials might substitute for a given thickening agent in
an existing and otherwise acceptable plastic process.

--
Bo Atkinson
http://www.midcoast.com/~bo