Re: cost of vacuum casting

From: Michael Tsenter (nesttech@pacbell.net)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 03:20:10 EEST

Hi Reza:

Variety of platinum based silicones are typically used for vacuum
casting. Typical cost of silicone is $6 - $12 per lb.
A vacuum casting machine or a vacuum chamber is used for about 1 hour to
de-air the material and cast the mold.
Typical preparation of a mold is 1-3 hours of labor. Once the mold is
done, polyurethane parts can be produced. Some machines take 15-30
minutes to process one part while other machines take 1-2 minutes to
process each part. The speed at which the parts can be de-molded
depends on the polyurethane resin that is used. Some resins can be
de-molded in 5-15 minutes, while others take 24 hours. The costs of the
polyurethane resins range from $3 - $30 per lb. depending on the
quality, mechanical properties, packaging, etc.

Our company supplies vacuum casting and polyurethane injection
equipment, silicones, polyurethane resins, and training in mold making
and resin processing.

Let me know if additional information is required.

Best regards,
Michael Tsenter
-
NEST Technologies, Inc.