RP/CNC process choices?

From: Caleb Walker (caleb@kreysler.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 20:25:33 EEST

Hello List,

I am looking into various processes for a client who would like to make parts which will be used to make fiberglass/composite tools & are fairly organic in form. I would like some opinions on the most cost effective setup for making larger (6" cube +) parts with fairly low accuracy & low surface finish requirements. Would some sort of CNC setup be more cost effective? Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks,

Caleb Walker - CAD/CAM - Reverse Engineering - 3D modeling

Lead CAD/CAM
Kreysler & Assoc.
Digital Sculpture Enlargement
Architectural Composites