RE: Status?

From: Bathsheba Grossman (sheba@bathsheba.com)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 21:02:28 EEST

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Kevin Lafferty wrote:
> Can you comment on the surface finish and feature resolution of Extrude
> Hone's process?

The surface texture is similar to a well-made ZCorp starch part, it
feels about like a sand casting. Maybe a little rougher.

> Have you used it to create molds and if so how much secondary work
> is required?

I myself never make anything moldable, so I'm just making positives.
The material requires work to polish, which one might expect since
it's mostly steel; it takes a high finish without visible porosity.

But I have no real clue about molds -- wouldn't EH give you a sample?

-Sheba

--
Bathsheba Grossman                 phone (831)429-8224, fax (831)460-1242
Sculpting geometry                                          bathsheba.com