Fwd: Re: Mathematical Models

From: Jonathan Chertok (chertok22@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 23:58:47 EEST

List,

I received a great email from the Dean of the Mathematics Department at the
University of Gottingen in Germany regarding my research on a classical
mathematical model collection that was originally made by hand in plaster in
the 1880's. The Collection at Gottingen is one of the pre-eminent
collections of this type in the world, a portion of which I just recently
finished recreating in stl file format.

A number of people - and firms - on the list have been
extra-extra-ordinarily helpful as I worked away on this project and I look
forward to thanking them formally - either in print or an exhibition.

I have a number of series of models from this collection that I am still
hoping to get into shape for an exhibition, and am wondering if there is
anyone out there that would be interested in this type of Art + Industry
Collaboration.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Chertok

P.S. In particular I would also be interested in talking with anybody doing
moderately direct to metal applications that are feeling particularly
ambitious with respect to marketing.

>From: "S.J.Patterson" <sjp@uni-math.de>
>To: Jonathan Chertok <chertok22@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Mathematical Models
>Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:22:32 +0200 (CEST)
>
>Hi!
>
> The CD got here safe and sound. I have played around with
>some of the models - there are so many of them - they are
>incredibly impressive - both visually and from the point of view that
>you have been able to reconstruct these models from the sometimes
>very limited information. I have seen nothing to compare with
>this, even remotely. Brilliant!
>

> Thanks very mach,
>
> Very best wishes,
>

> Samuel Patterson

Use custom emotions -- try MSN Messenger 6.0!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_emoticon