RE: HP getting into the rapid prototype printer business

From: Blasch, Larry (LBlasch@OPW-FC.com)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 00:00:13 EEST

http://www.mobilepartshospital.com/welcome/docs/browser.php

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Overy [mailto:cwho@lgmmodel.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 1:27 PM
To: rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi
Subject: RE: HP getting ito the rapid prototype printer business

Reflecting on this idea of having a RP machine at a retail parts service
bureau:

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with what I believe was being
called something like the " mobile army parts center". The idea that some
sort of sintering machine was going to be deployed in a trailer to produce
military replacement parts close to the point of need. Also, I thought that
some of the early RP money came from DARPA grants looking at putting the
same sort of technology on aircraft carriers.

Was anything like this ever successfully implemented?

Charles