FDM - Best quality questions

From: Scott Tilton (stilton@protoprod.com)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 18:17:52 EEST

Hi out there,

I recently had someone make me a sample of one of my regularly run SLS parts
on an FDM machine.

I was actually quite impressed.

I've got a few sources out there to pepper with questions about most of the
other RP technologies, but I don't have one for FDM.

I'd love to talk to a knowledgeable FDM user who could give me details on
the different machines, materials and whatnot from a user's point of view.

First question: what are the different capabilities of the different
machines as far as making parts with small feature details?

Thanks in advance.

Scott Tilton