metallic polymers

From: Makai Smith (smith@vsba.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 21:16:19 EEST

Hello RP-ML,
Last week I saw a presentation by Alan Heeger who won a Nobel prize developments in metallic polymers. DuPont then bought his work to boost their displays division. Much excitement has surrounded their application to produce OLED's, as thin film displays and photocells. The thing that struck me is that they are printable fluids. THEY'RE INKS! ...uh, RP uses printing processes, so...I can only speculate, someone help me out here...

Are there developments toward using metallic polymers for RP? Is this the crucial step toward functional differentiation within parts (to allow printing logic and propulsion components?) This is exciting, right?

smith@vsba.com

NOTICE: This email message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by return email, and delete this message and all copies and backups thereof.
Our systems are checked for viruses but please note that we do not accept liability for any viruses which may be transmitted in or with this message.