RE: metallic polymers

From: Makai Smith (smith@vsba.com)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 00:03:46 EEST

Sean,

True. Are there examples of the accumulative us of MEMS to produce large scale effects or motion...oh, wait. Inkjet, rather, fluidjet heads are really MEMS (which zcorp uses to make RP). <:-)

What else, what about things that really move thier butts around via MEMS?

Still, to the point. I am asking the question from the other scale end, and with regard to a particular new(ish) material. For me, not the really-small but the large-from-the-small. Also, the processing advantages of plastic are SO attractive to rapid or layered manufacturing, whereas crystal etching seems too specialized to put in the RP realm.

Anyway, IANAEngineer, so take my comments as that of an enthusiastic amateur, not a professional!

Cheers,
Makai