RE: metallic polymers

From: Blasch, Larry (LBlasch@OPW-FC.com)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 14:35:40 EET

Martti,

It doesn't even have to be "Ink-Jetted"...

Conductive Ink Advances Electronics
Mon Oct 27, 8:25 AM ET
By PETER SVENSSON, AP Technology Writer

NEW YORK - Ink has been used for millennia to convey ideas, but it may be
about to convey something new: electricity.

Don't worry. This isn't about getting a shock off a printed page. Rather,
it's about making electronics cheaper - at a fraction of a cent - by
replacing wires, circuit boards and batteries with ink.

A small, New York-based outfit called T-Ink Inc. is pioneering the use of
electrically conductive ink in ordinary printing presses.

"Our goal is a total print medium where your paper is going to talk," says
Andrew Ferber, vice chairman at T-Ink and one of the brains behind the
technology. He envisions newspapers that include printed loudspeakers,
batteries and circuits.

For now, the technology is available in limited form and in somewhat trivial
applications.

Read More at:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=528&ncid=528&e=12&u=/ap/2003
1027/ap_on_sc/conductive_ink