Re: SLS and nitrogen flow

From: Timothy J Gornet (tim.gornet@louisville.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 19:22:41 EET

Just happened to me when our bulk tank ran out over the weekend. It
crashes!!
Build stops when O2 level gets too high. Note: Will always happen in
last half inch of very tall build.

Tim

Tim Gornet Computer Aided Engineering Consultant
INTERNET: tim.gornet@louisville.edu
SLUGNET: Vogt Bldg. Rm 101, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
40292
PHONENET: (502)852-0714 FAXNET: (502)852-8890
Rapid Prototyping Center
http://www.louisville.edu/speed/rpc/

>>> Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com> 11/18/2003 11:31:56 AM >>>
What happens to an SLS build (in a DTM 2500+ if that matters) if you
run out
of Nitrogen.

If the flow / pressure drops to zero. . .should the machine stop?

Or will it keep running until the Oxygen sensor indicates that the
build
chamber's level of O2 has raised too high?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Scott Tilton