Re: Nitrogen for SLS

From: Krassimir Dotchev (Dotchev@Cardiff.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 16:34:28 EET

Hi Scott,

I am running 3 x SLS machines (2000,2500CI,2500+) with one Nitrogen
generator from Peak Scientific (60 l/min) without any problems. There are
smaller generators available if you need to run only one machine. You will
need to consider installing a big tank (1-2 m3) for the initial purge of
the sls machine.

Best regards,

Krassimir

Krassimir Dotchev
Project Manager
Manufacturing Engineering Centre,
ENGIN 7,
The Cardiff School of Engineering
Cardiff University
PO Box 925, Newport Road,
Cardiff CF24 OYF
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)2920 877316, +44 (0)2920 874641
        or +44 (0)2920 874426

Fax: +44 (0)2920 874880
        or +44 (0)2920 874003

E-mail: DOTCHEV@cf.ac.uk