Fwd: RE: Details required about Envision Perfactory

From: John Kerr (johnnkerrr@yahoo.com.sg)
Date: Sat Dec 27 2003 - 08:12:00 EET

Note: forwarded message attached.

 Y! Asia presents Lavalife
- Get clicking with thousands of local singles today!

attached mail follows:

: Details required about Envision Perfactory

Dear Steven,

We are keen to evaluate Envision system & you can provide me valuable
information on the following :

1. What advantage you get with multi-focal system ?
[In Reply]

    This allows you to increase or decrease the build envelope ( X and Y
). It also increases and/or decreases the pixel size proportionally. In
the case of jewelry articles, it will allow you to make bangle bracelets
easier in the larger envelope or to increase the volume of parts in a
single build run for smaller findings. You may note some increase or
decrease in pixilation which is displayed as stair stepping on the X and
Y axis. My system which uses a 40 micron pixel seems to be acceptable in
most cases but, I can see some advantage to flexibility

2. How many rings you can nest at a time on Perfactory system with 0.050
layer & 0.025 layer ?
[In Reply]

The same number.... Rings are oriented starting the build at the bottom
of a shank and working up to the top of the gemstone settings. This Z
height is generally 20-30 mm depending on finger size

3. How many rings Men's rings I mean with height upto 29 mm can be built
on Perfactory in 24 hours ?
[In Reply]

    Assuming you mean the height from bottom of shank to the top of
gemstones , You will need to change the build job every 5-6 hours so
this depends more how many operator shifts are working each day. Assume
at optimum 3 shifts per day and that the width of each ring is less than
8mm.... This question needs to assume more the width of the ring than
the height from shank to settings

4. How you compare Viper with Envision in terms of quality &
productivity ?
[In Reply]

I don't own a Viper. Quality is comparable from what I have seen and
Perfactory should certainly be more productive

5. Will you suggest Perfactory system if a customer has to build more
than 300 rings & 100 bangles in a month.
[In Reply]

One machine may not be enough..... Please feel free to telephone me here
is the US at any time 603.433.4369 and I will be happy to help

Please guide me. Await your valuable guidance.

Johnn.

"Steven Adler ( A3DM )" <adler@a3dm.com> wrote:

John

    My partner and I are the designated re-seller for the jewelry
industry for Envisiontec Perfactory. Thus far there are only a couple of
multi lens systems worldwide where the pixel size changes from 32 to 60
microns so we don;t have much data yet. We do have several systems here
in the US building jewelry including my own using the fixed focal
Perfactory Mini where the pixel size is 40 micron

    We have been building using 20-30 micron slice thickness with
excellent results. The build time savings over the conventional
Solidscape and/or Sanders is considerable. For example, two large high
school rings took 5 hours at 25 micron and would take approximately;y 4
hours at 50 micron. This job ( 2pcs ) would take about 54 hours on a
Solidscape machine Another example would be a conventional 3 stone ring
1CTTW. You can build 8 of this type of ring in 5 hours or one ring on a
RapidToolmaker and take 22 hours.

    Obviously, there is a significant output increase over conventional
systems. If you would like to contact me off line, I can provide you
specific details about the process and where you can see a Perfactory
Mini in your area....

sincerely

Steven Adler

Automated 3D Modeling, Inc