Re: STL file fixes

From: Caleb Walker (caleb@kreysler.com)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 01:32:03 EET

Phil,

Check out STL-editor & Meshworks(Rhino Plugin) from Floating Point Solutions
as well as 3D Data expert from Deskartes. Both have triangle subdivision as
well as Smoothing operations, I don't believe either is Tolerance based
though, so you may have to carefully compare to the original to make sure
deviations are acceptable. There are more sophisticated pkgs. out there as
well but none even close to this price range(less than $2k US) such as
Polyworks from INNOVMETRIC, Geomagic Studio etc...

Regards,

Caleb Walker - CAD/CAM - Reverse Engineering - 3D modeling

Lead CAD/CAM
Kreysler & Assoc.
Digital Sculpture Enlargement
Architectural Composites