Re: Contacts in India

From: Anand Dwarkanath <adwarkanath_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 19:32:44 EET

Dear Alain & All,

Here is a few contacts you may find helpful:

Prof. Vijay Bapat
Professor and Head
Industrial Design Center
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
E-mail: bapat@idc.iitb.ac.in
Tel: 091-22-25767819
Fax: 091-22-25783480

Prof.B.Ravi
Associate Professor & Leader
Manufacturing Engineering Group
Mechanical Engineering Department
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
E-mail: bravi@me.iitb.ac.in
Tel: +9122 2576 7510
Fax: +9122 25726875

Prof.K.P.Karunakaran
Assistant Professor
Mechanical Engineering Department
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
E-mail: karuna@me.iitb.ac.in
Tel: +(91)(22)2576-7530
Fax:+91(22)2572-6875

All of the above were involved with the set up of the rapid prototyping facility at IIT Bombay and are actively working in the area of RP&T as well as mold design, simulation.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Anand Dwarkanath

Alumni, Rapid Prototyping Center, IIT Bombay
            Rapid Manufacturing Group, University of Loughborough

Alain BERNARD <Alain.Bernard@irccyn.ec-nantes.fr> wrote:
Dear All,

Thank you to all of you who send me informations and contacts about RP
activities in India.
Guillaume JANDIN told you in his message (please see below) the context of
the main exploitation of these contacts in a new future during a visit of
the AFIM association (also members, for some of them, of AFPR association)
in India.
Best Regards,

Prof. A. BERNARD

>Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 08:14:41 +0100
>From: "Guillaume jandin"
>
>Dear List,
>
>First of all, I wish you an Happy New Year,
>
>We thank you for informations sent concerning contacts in India.
>
>The French Association of Mould and Model Industry (AFIM) is organising a
tour in India from february 28th to march 7th in Bombay, Pune and Bangalore.
>We would like to make some visit of companies and technological centres in
these cities. This is the reason of the request.

>Prof. Alain Bernard has proposed to ask it to the list and I fully thank
him for his help.

>With best regards,
>
>Guillaume JANDIN

>Dr. Guillaume JANDIN
>MMB
>Rue de la fonderie - BP 1
>76 340 Blangy-sur-Bresle
>FRANCE
>tel. +33 (0)2 32 97 53 20
>fax +33 (0)2 32 97 53 29
>port. +33 (0)6 63 48 92 84
>www.mmbpro.com

Prof. Alain BERNARD
Chargé de Mission
DSPT8 - Mécanique et Industrie - Génie Industriel
1, rue DESCARTES
75231 - PARIS Cedex 05
Tél : 01 55 55 88 74 ; Fax : 01 55 55 87 06
Alain.Bernard@recherche.gouv.fr