RE: Cleaning SLS RP parts ???

From: Stefan Lohfeld <stefan.lohfeld_at_nuigalway.ie>
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 09:58:40 EET

Scott,

I have the same problems with Duraform PA. I built a structure with open
porosity and rests of the powder stuck in the pores in the middle of the
built, which I can't reach with the blaster.
I tried an ultrasonic cleaner, but it didn't help much as the medium (here
water) is soaked by the powder which seemed then to stick even more to the
built.
It's not that it really needs force to be removed, but it does not fall of
by itself or by slamming the part onto the table.

I am open for other suggestions.

Thanks,
Stefan Lohfeld