RE: files on open/closed cell strucrus

From: Ketan Jajal <KJajal_at_materialise.com>
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 19:04:44 EET

George,

I had similar problem when I was working on making some cell structure at
NCSU. CAD software's are not made for such application. Working on STL is
much better then working on CAD files. I found a simple and much faster way
to do this. It should work for you too.

Create just one cell in CAD ( Basic building block). Then export that as an
STL file in software like Magics. You have two options to create the
structure:

One: Create an array of the cell, merge all the cells as one STL file. Do
the Boolean with a Big a cube.

Two: Remove the side surfaces of cell, then create an array (array distance
should be exactly equal to the size of cell). Merge all the cells as one STL
file and stitch them.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
___________________________________
Ketan Jajal
Application Engineer
Materialise
6111 Jackson Rd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Email: kjajal@materialise.com <mailto:kjajal@materialise.com>
Tel: 734-662-5057
Tel: 888-662-5057
Cel: 919-271-9059
Fax: 734-662-7891
web: http://www.materialise.com <http://www.materialise.com/>
This e-mail and its attachments may contain confidential information. It is
intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named herein. Any use of the
information contained herein by other persons is prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail by mistake, please immediately notify the sender and
permanently delete the original as well as any copy thereof. Materialise USA
LLC and any of its related companies do not accept any liability for the
contents of this e-mail and its attachments.