RE: Looking for a model of human vertebrae - Any format

From: Robert Thompson <anatomics_at_anatomics.net>
Date: Mon Feb 16 2004 - 05:52:34 EET

Hi Caleb,
Anatomics can provide you with a vertebrae or portion of a spinal column in
STL format. We have a mandible (jaw) bone in STL format that you can
download for free from our web site to check suitability. Our high quality
STL files are produced by our own BioBuild software from 3D CT scans. See
http://www.anatomics.net/biobuild_software/stl_analysis.html
If you would then like to order a STL vertebrae or spine section just
contact me with exactly what you want and I can provide you with a
quotation.
Alternatively, if you download the full trial version of our BioBuild
software, you get a 3D scan of a cervical spine included with that. You can
then generate a STL of your own from this data using BioBuild. You just need
to install the software and ask for a 30 day trial licence to evaluate the
STL output. See
http://www.anatomics.net/biobuild_software/biobuild_downloads.html It's not
a completely normal spine however and contains some fixation wire.

Kind regards,
Robert Thompson
General Manager
Anatomics Pty. Ltd.