Re: Please disallow attachments

From: Rapid Dude <rp-adm_at_rapid.lpt.fi>
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 08:07:39 EET

Hello

The list has once more been turned into moderated mode - actually it has
been moderated for about a week now. This means that I
will have to approve all messages sent to rp-ml, before they are
distributed. The reason for this should be obvious to all of us.
Moderation will slow down the traffic, and your emails will have delays
before they are approved. This should stop most of the junk from being
sent to you. Unfortunately some junk will get through (without my
approval) and there's no way I can stop that. The moderation will go on
for some time, at least till I've finished reconfiguring some of the
filters. Hopefully this will not take long. If we're lucky, we will get
rid of most of the present junk.

The suggestion of disallowing attacments is a good one, but... just
kidding, no buts, the attachments have already been disallowed for about
half a year now (at least that's what I was told August last year). So if
you
receive attachments, they are NOT distributed through rp-ml.

I wish to thank all of you for your patience and especially for all good
tips and suggestions I've received lately. Unfortunately it has been quite
impossible for me to answer your emails, during the last month or so I've
received several thousands of emails to my administrative mailbox, 75% of
them were virus notifications from emails I did not send... :( I just hope
people would turn off the notification servives...

Now, I will do some reconfiguring
work, and we'll see what happens.

--
Yours truly