[rp-ml] Re: please give me info!

From: Delft Spline Systems <info_at_spline.nl>
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 19:45:44 EET

On 3/18/04, santosh rao wrote:
>i am doing a research on cost comparison between rapid prototyping and CNC
>3-axis milling. i would like to decide whether which of the processes is
>suitable for a company to prototype a product cost wise. i would like to
>know the methodology by which we can compare the two processes on the basis
>of cost.
>i am a graduate student in uni of auckland,nz.
>i am eagerly waiting for the reply.

Dear Santosh,

Recently the US consultant Todd Grimm published a Benchmark
of a few RP systems including one based on CNC milling.
See http://www.tagrimm.com/benchmark/index.html

Also on our website you can find a few articles on the comparison
between additive RP (stacking layers) and subtractive RP (machining):
see http://www.deskproto.com/download/articles.htm

Best Regards,

Lex Lennings

Delft Spline Systems, The Netherlands.
We offer DeskProto: affordable Rapid Prototyping using CNC milling.

mailto:info_at_spline.nl --- website: http://www.deskproto.com