RP talk in Philadelphia

From: Makai Smith <smith_at_vsba.com>
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 18:28:13 EEST

List,
I'm looking to arrange a field trip to a service bureau or manufacturing
facility using RP (and CNC, 3D scanning, etc) for the Philadelphia
chapter of the American Institute of Architects.

If anyone can suggest contacts, or would like to volunteer to speak on
the subject of RP/CAM here in Philadelphia, please contact me off list.

As an aside, a 'tip o' the cap' to Behrokh Khoshnevis who presented
Contour Crafting last week to a packed room at the Center for
Architecture in NY. My favorite quote came from a slide listing the
benefits of the process as "compatible with extraterrestrial
construction processes"...should someone trademark FDL (Fused Deposition
of Lava)?

Cheers,

O. Makai Smith smith@vsba.com

VENTURI, SCOTT BROWN AND ASSOCIATES, INC.
4236 MAIN STREET
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19127-1696

WWW.VSBA.COM

PH: 215 487-0400