Questions of fabrication of heterogeneous objects

From: Amy Hu <hu_yuna_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 05:43:25 EEST

Hi all,

 How are you doing?

  I am a graduate student in Clemson University. I have some problems about how to fabricate heterogeneous metal parts by using LENS or other possible RP technologies. If I had a part with specified material composition (have some gradient locally), are there any solid modeling software can represent this kind of parts, how to transfer 3D solid model to neutral format such as STL or others? If somebody has this kind of experience, could you please give me some hints?

 Thanks a lot and have a good day.

Best Regards