RE: [rp-ml] Anybody see how this might relate to RP?

From: Bathsheba Grossman <sheba_at_bathsheba.com>
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 20:59:39 EEST

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Blasch, Larry wrote:
> Visualize the use of this technique in (micro) 3D sculpture. Is this
> different from moving clay around to form an object? If this technique is
> combined with a multi axis manipulating device, the resulting machine could
> sculpt a prototype from a block of material by both subtractive and additive
> manufacture.
>
> I can see lot's of potential RP uses for re-shaping metals and plastics...
> Anybody else?

I like it -- if they could get it into a handheld unit, or even a
stationary shop tool, what a great method for cold-connecting metal
stock. Zap one surface, zap another surface, press them together and
they're bonded: making permanent metal sculpture would be like putting
Legos together. And it would allow connections between disparate
metals that are hard to bond now.

-Sheba

--
Bathsheba Grossman                                          (831)429-8224
Sculpting geometry                                          bathsheba.com