[rp-ml] Some questions about FDM 3000

From: Sharif_RP_Centre <sharif_rp_centre_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon May 31 2004 - 17:13:19 EEST

Hi all,

I am an engineer, working in Sharif University of Technology. I have
studied many documents about RP technology & machines and so in many cases
in my design works I use many features of RP machines. To tackle a problem
in one of my new design tasks, I would very much like to know about the
sealing & ventilating strategy which has been used in FDM3000 machine.

Please note that:
The two nozzles used in FDM, are heated to melt the two working polymer
threads. This generates a considerable amount of heat that must be
removed, as the working space should be remains at a set temperature (As
far as I know about 70 Centigrade).

My problem is that I am stuck in a nearly same problem, like above.
However, as I do not have access to FDM3000 I do not know how this problem
has been resolved in that machine. To cope with this, if there is a
ventilating fan embedded in the working place or...

Furthermore, how the actuators which are working in the working space
(like the 2 servo motors in the feeding system) have been sealed (these
kind of motors should be mostly working in 25-30 centigrade not 70
Centigrade!).

Do you know how these 2 problems have been resolved in FDM3000? If so,
could you please tell me about them?

If you think you may not help, if it is possible please forward this
e-mail to a friend, working in this field.

Many thanks,
Adel.

end

Adel Izadbakhsh