[rp-ml] The OpenRP Initiative

From: Deelip Menezes <deelip_at_fpsols.com>
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 08:55:55 EEST

Dear List,

There have been many discussions on this list about the STL file format.
Those who took part in those discussions will find the following
interesting.

Today Floating Point Solutions launched OpenRP, a non-profit initiative
which aims at offering the RP industry an alternative mode of data
exchange while maintaining perfect compatibility with the industry
standard STL file format. OpenRP offers the RP industry a new RP file
format and free software to read and write RP files.

OpenRP is not another monopolistic attempt to replace the STL file
format. The industry standard file format is, and for the foreseeable
future, will be the STL file format. OpenRP simply offers an alternative
means of efficient and secure data exchange from one party to another.
All this completely free of cost.

Please visit http://www.openrp.com to learn more about the initiative
and download the free software. To get an overview of OpenRP you can
read our press release at
http://www.openrp.com/docs/press/press_release_2-Jun-2004.html

Yes, I know it is a sin to blow your trumpet on this list and I wont be
surprised if I am crucified for that. But I couldn't think of a better
place to post this information.

I request you to take time and leave some feedback while you are at the
OpenRP web site. Your suggestions/criticizm are most welcome and will go
a long way in making OpenRP useful to the RP industry.

Regards,

Deelip Menezes

Director
Floating Point Solutions Private Limited
http://www.fpsols.com