[rp-ml] R-P Material Samples for Tactile Math Show

From: Stewart Dickson <dicksonsp_at_ornl.gov>
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 21:27:04 EEST

Hello,

I am looking for a supply of sample parts of various materials from
Rapid prototyping with company logos included.
I am looking for what would be small, inexpensive Promotional items
demonstrating 3-D printing (and equivalent) technologies.

The application is a proposed exhibit of mathematical models titled
"Tactile Mathematics" at the American Museum of
Science and Energy in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. <http://www.amse.org>
<http://emsh.calarts.edu/~mathart/Tactile_Math.html>
<http://emsh.calarts.edu/~mathart/portfolio/SPD_Math_portfolio.html>

The exhibit is intended (hoped) to be as "hands-on" and interactive as
possible. We will exhibit more valuable models behind
glass, but we want to put at least something which was computer
manufactured into the hands of the visitors. We won't
encourage, but will expect to necessarily lose one or two of these
sample items every few weeks. This is why we would like
to have company names embedded in the samples, so that they will at
least be self-identifying, wherever they might travel.

If possible, we would also like to include visual material in the
exhibit demonstrating (visually, schematically) how the
sample part was "printed" by computer.

Please reply to:

Stewart Dickson, Visualization Researcher
Computer Science and Mathematics Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
http://www.csm.ornl.gov/~dickson

Thank you!
- http://us.imdb.com/Name?Stewart+Dickson