RE: [rp-ml] SLS Powder Life - example situation.

From: Scott Tilton <stilton_at_protoprod.com>
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 17:40:50 EEST

David K. Leigh Wrote:

The reason I say this is that the melt flow index
of powder in the overflow cartridges see about the same drop in quality as
that in the part cake. . . not exactly the same, but close.

Really? Wow. I didn't know that.
That's good information to have.

That's funny because back when I went to DTM for my initial training for the
Sinterstation, one of the guys working there (running the machines) told me
he figured the stuff in the overflows hadn't aged / degraded much at all.

Damn. I gotta get me one of them there melt flow indexers.

Thanks David.

Scott Tilton