[rp-ml] RE: Bitmap to STL file

From: Chris Dordoni <dordoni_at_verizon.net>
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 03:52:57 EEST

Joseph,

Many years ago I used ArtCam to do this type of work. I have since
switched to ZBrush, and am very happy with it. It will accept large
bitmaps, up to 16bit greyscale or 24bit color. I do need to use another
program (Deep Exploration) to translate to STL format, since ZBrush
exports only OBJ or DXF. My cam system doesn't need watertight solids,
though I think I could modify my process to create a watertight solid if
required. If you can send me your bitmap, and give me the dimensions
including depth, I'd be happy to give it a go. I have downloaded the
DicomWorks application so you can send me the Dicom file if you wish.

Regards,

Chris Dordoni

dordoni@verizon.net