RE: [rp-ml] What is the best reverse engineering software available?

From: Eric Stone <eric_at_capture3d.com>
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 04:13:29 EEST

Hello Glenn,

If you have a good scanner, you can mill directly on the scanner-output stl
data.

You'll need a CAM package which can import the scanner data, parse it for
the production process (tool design), and mill directly on the data.

A more detailed description can be found at:

- http://www.gom.com/En/Applications/Digitizing/rpm/magen.html

- http://www.gom.com/En/Applications/Digitizing/rev/glas.html

Only if you need modifications or the CAD data for reference, is the RE
process necessary. If so, there are a number of CAD solutions that can
work...it's up to your existing CAD solution, your preferences, your needs
and expertise which one is best.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I
can also provide additional references if you require.

Sincerely,

Eric Stone

Capture3D, Inc.

Costa Mesa, CA