[rp-ml] Z-Corp UGM 2004 "Deadlines"

From: <Gary.Rabinovitz_at_reebok.com>
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 20:21:17 EEST

Dear Z Corporation Customers,

The User Group Meeting is fast approaching. There is only 1 weeks left
before the early registration ends - August 20, 2004. After this date, the
registration fee increases from $400 to $500. So, register today! You may
register online (if paying with a credit card) at
https://www.zcorp.com/ugm_2004/registration/. Or submit a completed
registration form via fax at (781)852-5100. Remember...for those who have
a service contract, you will receive 20% off your registration fee.

We have also reserved a block of rooms at the Boston Park Plaza with a
group rate of $164 per night. Rooms as well as room rate can not be
guaranteed after the registration deadline. You may reserve a room online
through our User Group Meeting Website at
https://www.zcorp.com/ugm_2004/travel/.

This year's User Group Meeting promises to be the most informative yet..
Our User Group Committee (Gary Rabinovitz, John Slattery, and Kim
Phillips) has done a great job planning the agenda as well as thinking
about how to greatly enhance the value of attending the UGM. This year we
have worked hard to recruit sponsors that provide materials or services
that can benefit the way you process your parts. Those that will be
exhibiting at the conference include -

   Loctite, a division of Henkel Corporation - exhibiting and speaking at
   a vendor workshop on various resins, epoxies, and polyurethanes
   Solid Imaging, Ltd. - exhibiting and speaking at a vendor workshop
   about various part processing techniques
   Materialise - exhibiting and speaking at a vendor workshop their new
   Magics RP 9.0
   Air Filtration Systems, LLC - exhibiting a dust collector unit
   Formech, Inc. - exhibiting vacuum forming techniques
   Robert McNeel & Associates - exhibiting Rhinoceros 3.0
   Able Software - exhibiting 3D Doctor and R2V
   SensAble Technologies - exhibiting the FreeForm Technology

We have also begun recruiting customer presenters. The following
presenters have already signed up -

Brett Lyons, University of Michigan - The University of Michigan 3D Lab
assists the UofM research community with their complex 3D data based
Virtual Reality, Visualization and Rapid Prototyping needs. Since
acquiring the ZPrinter 310, they have produced a wide range of parts,
ranging from artists sculptures and medical ultra-sound flow channels to
hard tooling for casting. Brett will be presenting some of their more
interesting case studies while focusing our tooling research efforts.

Dr. Robert McCoy, Youngstown State University - Dr. McCoy will be
presenting how being a professor of mechanical engineering has changed
since acquiring the ZPrinter 310 in the last year. One of his students,
Ryan Paul, a senior at the University will also share his experiences with
the Printer. Dr. McCoy and Ryan will also be presenting on the results of
their research on the tensile strength of castings made from Z Corp.
patterns.

Dr. Fernando Urrutia - Last year, Dr. Urrutia (a plastic surgeon from
Mexico) mesmerized the audience by showing how medical models are being
used to reduce operating time and improve surgical planning. This year, he
will be presenting how his work with medical modeling has advanced since
last year's UGM. He will be showing colored FEA models featuring different
densities of skulls and jaws.

This year other speakers include Todd Grimm, world-reknowned RP expert
speaking about the future of 3D Printing. Z Corp. applications engineers
will also be speaking at workshops focused on ZCast, ZPrint, and
Infiltrants. The Z Corp. Service Team will be holding maintenance
workshops for the ZPrinter 310, Z406, and Z810 3D Printers.

We're looking forward to this year's UGM and we hope to see you in
September. For more information, please contact the UGM Committee at
ugm@zcorp.com or visit the official UGM website at
https://www.zcorp.com/ugm_2004

Best regards,

Gary Rabinovitz
President, Z Corporation User Group Meeting