[rp-ml] advice on concept modeller pls!

From: <Dean.Hayden_at_aqualisa.co.uk>
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 11:33:00 EEST

rp-ml

Hi,
      I'm after some general advise really and wondered if anyone had any
relevant information or experience with any of the office environment
concept modeller's listed below (or any others). I am a design engineer
working for a shower manufacturer, we have approx 20 designers. Most of
our parts are injection moulded polymers and are usually no bigger than 3 "
square, anything bigger we would use a burea. I am currently investigating
these concept modellers for use in our office, as i'm sure you'll agree it
gets a bit grey as to what exactly this machines can and cant do and how
they perform in the workplace. Any advice is greatly appreciated

   Objet Eden 260
   3D systems-invision si2
   Envisontech-prefactory
   Stratasys- dimension-prodigy plus

We have a budget of around 50k and below are some of the main requirements
for the m/c

1. CAD system IDEA's master series 9
2. maintenance/material costs and cleanliness
3. build accuracy
4. some flexibility in models for small clip features.
5. use in water environment (can be lacquered if required)
6. ease of post operations i.e supports etc
7. user friendly
8. Build time

Thanks for your help
Dean