Re: [rp-ml] Jaw Bone From Stem Cells

From: Brock Hinzmann <bhinzmann_at_sric-bi.com>
Date: Sat Aug 28 2004 - 00:58:14 EEST

I think I forgot to hit reply to all on thee last message
I sent to Larry (who might forward it), but I am curious
as to how something like the Bio_plotter, which I saw they
people at Envisiontec playing around with, could be used
to build structures with the stem cells encapsulated in
chambers in just the right way they need to become this
type of tissue or that. Even better if the structural
material then biodegrades and goes away, once the tissue
grows.

Anyway, I am sure a lot of science on stem cells still has
to be done, but if it turns out to be a case of structure
dictating function, it might not take very long to see
practical applications.

Brock