RE: [rp-ml] Layered manufacturing Bego

From: Jonathan Harris <j.j.harris_at_bham.ac.uk>
Date: Wed Nov 03 2004 - 16:33:40 EET

Hi,

Not really personal, cast-iron, guaranteed info I am afraid, but if it is
similar to SLS it could well be SLM - selective laser melting, something I
came across recently myself. I have seen some parts that were created and
have to say that I was very impressed with the complexity of the part that
was produced and apparent density of the metal (316L stainless steel in my
case).

Some further info on this is available here: HYPERLINK
"http://www.mcp-group.com/rpt/rpttslm.html"http://www.mcp-group.com/rpt/rptt
slm.html

Hope that helps.

Jonathan.