RE: [rp-ml] Ceramic structures using RP

From: David K. Leigh <dkleigh_at_harvest-tech.com>
Date: Fri Dec 03 2004 - 21:10:04 EET

LOM, SLS, and Z-Corp have ceramic type materials. Z-Corp is more of a sand
type material for casting shells. LOM is not really a viable product. SLS
ceramic materials are mainly academic. There is some SiC (silicon carbide)
work out of the Univ. of Texas that has yielded promising results, but it
has not been done on a large scale. We've had some ceramic parts made for a
few customers, but not much.
David K. Leigh (254)933-1000
Harvest Technologies fax(254)298-0125
Rapid Prototyping Services dkleigh@harvest-tech.com