Re: [rp-ml] Invision Water Absorbtion

From: Timothy J Gornet (tim.gornet@louisville.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 03:59:01 EET

I guess the important thing from the water absorption is how if at all
do the mechanical properties change from the water.
Any ideas?
Tim

Tim Gornet Manager, RP Operations
INTERNET: tim.gornet@louisville.edu
SLUGNET: Vogt Bldg. Rm 101, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
40292
PHONENET: (502)852-0714 FAXNET: (502)852-8890
Rapid Prototyping Center
http://www.louisville.edu/speed/rpc/
>>> <ChathamRes@aol.com> 01/03/05 3:31 PM >>>
We performed a simple test to determine the water absorbtion of a part
made on an Invision system.

Here are the results:

1. Initial weight 21.4 grams
2. Weight after soaking in water for twenty-four hours at 20 degrees C-
21.7 grams
3. Weight after soaking in water for forty-eight hours at 20 degrees C-
21.8 grams
4. Weight after soaking for a week was the same as for forty- eight
hours

If anybody else has performed similar measurementss, please send us an
email.

REL