Re: [rp-ml] FDM for manufacturing

From: Terry Wohlers (tw@wohlersassociates.com)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 23:48:31 EET

Ricardo,

See the following. It was taken from Wohlers Report 2004.

At an FDM user's manufacturing plant, a pulley on a production line belt sander cracked, taking the belt sander out of commission. The cracked pulley was made of aluminum, but to avoid any more downtime, the fabrication manager decided to try a polycarbonate part from the FDM Titan. After a month of operation, the pulley was still going, and the fabrication manager was in no hurry to replace it with its aluminum counterpart.

I hope this helps!

Terry

Terry Wohlers
Wohlers Associates, Inc.