Re: [rp-ml] exothermic reaction

From: Bo Atkinson (bo@midcoast.com)
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 11:04:53 EET

Just a wild thought-- calcium carbide, the stuff used by miners? It
produces heat and acetylene when mixed with water. You got me curious
whether acetylene will react with wet cement where carbon dioxide is
claimed to strengthen cement. Here are my pages on cement related
experimentation ~Bo Atkinson
http://www.midcoast.com/~bo/enersearch.html