[rp-ml] Amethyst 3DSystems SLA resin

From: Laura Castillo (lcastillo@aimme.es)
Date: Wed Mar 09 2005 - 10:12:54 EET

   Dear list,
have you ever heard about this SLA resin from 3DSystems called Amethyst?It
has been told it is possible to burn it out using investment casting.We are
already making trials to get it.
Castaldo sells also a Very Low Temperature Silicone Jewellery Molding Rubber
to vulcanize this resin. But we have been testing it and it was not possible
to remove the piece without breaking it because it was sticked on the mould.
Have any of you any experience with that?
Thank you.

Laura

Laura Castillo
Unidad de Ingeniería de Producto
AIMME-INSTITUTO TECNOLÓGICO METALMECÁNICO
Parque Tecnológico, Avda. Leonardo Da Vinci, 38
46980 - PATERNA - VALENCIA - SPAIN
Tel. +34 96.131.82.53 - Fax +34 96.131.81.68
www.aimme.es - lcastillo@aimme.es