RE: [rp-ml] New machines could ........... (My 2K cents..)]

From: Adrian Bowyer (A.Bowyer@bath.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 25 2005 - 01:11:07 EET

Quoting "Pierce, Ernest S" <ernest.s.pierce@boeing.com>:

> This continued thread brings to mind some famous
> words...........
>
> "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed people can
> change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret
> Mead Anthropologist
>
> Crate that Champagne Supernova...................

Thanks for that. Shaw said that reasonable men* attempt to adapt themselves to
the world, while unreasonable men attempt to adapt the world to themselves.
Therefore all progress depends upon unreasonable men.

*Clearly there were no women back then, so men had nothing better to do than to
coin aphorisms...

I like to see myself as a madly unreasonable man, but that is, of course, a
complete delusion. I'm just some bloke doing a little research project...

Yours

Adrian

http://staff.bath.ac.uk/ensab