Re: [rp-ml] Re: New machines could turn homes into small factories

From: Bathsheba Grossman (sheba@bathsheba.com)
Date: Sat Mar 26 2005 - 03:53:05 EET

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, Adrian Bowyer wrote:
> Quoting Bathsheba Grossman <sheba@bathsheba.com>:
> > Well, no material object is free.
>
> If I buy a seed and grow it, then plant its seed in turn, the second and all
> subsequent plants are free.
>
> It has taken me time, of course. But maybe I enjoy gardening.

This is covered by the previous (rather cogent) comment about tapping
undervalued and/or externalized resources. Water, dirt, space, time,
and growing climate are resources. In my neighborhood arable land
starts at $300,000/acre.

-Sheba

--
Bathsheba Grossman                                          (831)429-8224
Sculpting geometry                                          bathsheba.com