RE: [rp-ml] SLS Lock-up Discussion

From: Scott Tilton (stilton@protoprod.com)
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 19:01:21 EEST

I hesitate to answer this question because I have become somewhat
superstitious about the behavior of my SLS machine.

There just seems to be no discernable pattern as to when it's going to
stall or why. It can go for a LONG time without any problem, then it
can pop up for a while and go away just as quickly.

It seems like if I tell someone that the machine has been running well
for a long time without a stall, there's a jinx or a hex or something
that makes it stall within the next week.

Like I said . . . it has caused me to become superstitious.

Scott Tilton

Behalf
> Of David K. Leigh
> Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 10:51 AM
> To: RPML
> Subject: [rp-ml] SLS Lock-up Discussion
>
> Greetings fellow SLSers in the Wide Wide World of Digital
Manufacturing,

> I thought I'd pose a discussion question for y'all. Ever since we've
> worked
> with SLS equipment, we have had occassions where our machines go into
la-
> la
> land overnight and we come in the next day to find them sitting there,
> being
> less than productive. It seems the standard time-out discipline
technique
> doesn't work so well. So, we've tried a few other things. . .
>
> In some cases we've changed the scanner computer, other times we've
gotten
> new main computer. But it seems that no matter what you do, there
seems
> always be that possibility.
>
> So, what have been your experiences with this? Any magic wiffle dust
that
> works particularly well?
>
> Look forward to seeing a lively discussion.
>
> <Sits back, opens some freshly popped popcorn, and pops open a cold
Dr.