Re: [rp-ml] SPOT WELDING FOR SL PART ASSEMBLY

From: ATiburon@aol.com
Date: Thu May 05 2005 - 04:29:31 EEST

In a message dated 05/04/2005 6:35:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
CLBenjamin@cessna.textron.com writes:

We use and are very pleased with the GreenSpot from UVSOURCE inc. Does
anyone else use this unit?? What other units are being used with great
success??

We use "plastic welder" by devcon. You can get it from grainger for around
$7 for a 1 oz tube pair. It works sorta like epoxy, but has a volatile
component that limits the shelf life to a year but makes it bond plastic and sla
like nothing else in my experience. You can get it from wal-mart for $2.50 a
tube and their stock turns over faster than grainger so it's much fresher. I
have tried some of the uv cure stuff, not impressed at all. If you want to
spend big bucks for a uv machine knock yourself out. Give plastic welder a try,
but use it in a well ventilated area. Oh and you have to be over 18 to buy it.
Andy Scott
Lockheed Martin LSWT

Dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never get hurt,