[rp-ml] Skin irritation from sintered nylon 11?

From: Taylor, Tracy L (tracy.l.taylor@boeing.com)
Date: Thu May 19 2005 - 22:42:50 EEST

Over the past five years I have become very sensitive to nylon 11. The
worst material is the by product residue that forms in the back of the
Sinterstation. It is easily transferred to other surfaces and is not
that easy to wash off. Is there anyone else out there that has had a
skin reaction where it turns red and sore? There are a lot of nylon 11
products so I won't try to name them all. From DTM/3D all the fine
nylons and the glass filled Protoform were nylon 11 but there are many
others in use.

So far I seem to be the worst of the people I've spoken to. I'm just
curious if anyone that was sensitive has been able to reduce their
symptoms.

Does anyone have any idea why nylon 11 would cause this kind of
reaction?

Any information would be appreciated.

Tracy Taylor
Rapid Manufacturing Process