Re: [rp-ml] RP for Wound Patterns?

From: Brock Hinzmann (bhinzmann@sric-bi.com)
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 22:56:46 EEST

Jonathon's message reminds me that there is a whole body
of literature on building scaffolding for tissue
production, which reminded me that at leat one RP company,
Envisiontec, was working on its Bioplotter for that
purpose. I don't know if that includes artificial skin for
wound healing, but you might ask.

Also, plenty of people on the RP-ML have made use of RP
parts as surgical tools, for temporary replacement of bone
during surgery and that kind of thing. Again, it might not
be exactly what you are looking for.

Another thing is, someone on the RP-ML might have refered
in one of our discussions on nanotechnology to research
at the Institute for Soldier Nanotechnologies, which has a
goal of would-healing clothing and that sort of thing. As
far as I know, none of that has happened.

Brock Hinzmann