RE: [rp-ml] SLS Polyamide and effects of UV exposure

From: Scott Tilton (stilton@protoprod.com)
Date: Thu Jun 16 2005 - 23:56:05 EEST

I've got a very informal experiment going on outside right now . .. but
I can tell you what I've observed from direct experience:

I've had SLS PA parts in a drawer for over 4 years now. They are MUCH
more white than the sample parts that have been out in the open.

For that matter .. there's another couple of parts that have been on
display for a few years . . . think of little houses and hotels on the
board in Monopoly.

If I pull the little SLS pieces off the SLS board . . . the board is
much more white where the pieces have been masking it.

So personally, I attribute a lot of the yellowing to exposure to light.

Thanks for your reply.

Scott Tilton