Re: [rp-ml] Adaptive slicing -Help req.

From: Markus Hitter (mah@jump-ing.de)
Date: Sat Jun 18 2005 - 12:42:43 EEST

Am 18.06.2005 um 06:11 schrieb M.Senthil Kumar:

> How can i slice the part in C environment.?

You probably want to start with an STL file importer to get
triangulated facets in an easily readable format.

Then, calculate all intersection points between a (Z-)level and all
the edges. Have an eye on rounding errors. Remember the facets these
points originate from to get ordered pairs (inside/outside known).
Finally, connect those pairs to areas to get a slice.

> If any one send me the sample code for adaptive slicing, that is
> grateful to me.

While it's not a rocket-science-level geometrical problem, I'm not
aware of code specialized for this task in the public. Code written
for 3D visualisation (OpenGL clones, for example) might help you,
however.

HTH,
Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter