Re: [rp-ml] A public survey on terminology

From: Adrian Bowyer (A.Bowyer@bath.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 21:22:05 EEST

I agree. Surely all that's needed is that the name is easy to pronounce. The
words don't have to have any technical meaning at all when a product takes off.
 After all, what do "iPod", "Walmart", or (most obscurely) "MP3" mean?

"RP" is better than "3-D Printing" as it's two syllables rather than four. But
then your suggestion of "Fab" (not "Fabber") has a nice '60s retro sound, is
only one syllable, and works as both a verb and a noun.

A fab; a room-full of fabs; I'm just going to fab that; That's fresh out of the
fab; He's got a home-made fab...

Yours

Adrian

http://staff.bath.ac.uk/ensab